- 3. Umut Çocuklarý Derneði – Bakýrköy Gençlik Evi
- This initiative provides a safe space for many young men who have been involved in family violence, crime and drug-addiction [more]
- 2. Kadýn Emeðini Deðerlendirme Vakfý
- The Women and Children Centre provides child-care and education facilities [more]
- 1. Barýþ Ýcin Müzik
- The project brings free musical education to local school children and recently completed a new facility for musical training and performance for talented teenagers. [more]
Deutsche Bank Urban Age Award Istanbul
Following the launch of the 3rd Deutsche Bank Urban Age Award in April 2009 and an extensive press and internet campaign, 87 applications were received.
The submissions came from all corners of Istanbul’s vast metropolitan area, with initiatives from inner-city neighbourhoods and peripheral areas on the European side, to spaghetti-junctions and housing estates on the Asian side, as well as projects on the Marmara Sea coastline and on the edges of the Black Sea. Many of the projects addressed some of the critical problems faced by Istanbul’s most fragile communities – new immigrants, isolated women, disadvantaged children, and the disabled and homeless young men – while others focused on the spatial inadequacies of this rapidly growing and intense city – traffic congestion, lack of open space and restoration of the city’s heritage.
The project database allows you to search the projects and topics at the Alfred Herrhausen Society
Deutsche Bank Urban Age AwardThe winners of the 7th Deutsche Bank Urban Age Award were announced and celebrated in Delhi on 14 November 2014 [more]
An overview of our project partners. [more]